The American in Canada
Real-life Tax and Financial Insights Into Moving to and Living in CanadaBook - 2015
A revised an updated edition that factors in the latest 2013 changes to tax law -- the definitive financial guide for Americans planning a move to Canada
Hundreds of thousands of Americans are living in Canada today -- and the tax issues for everyone from green card holders living in Canada to Canadians returning home from years in the U.S. are astounding and complex.
In easy-to-understand language, The American in Canada focuses on the eight key areas of transition planning: immigration, customs, cash management, income tax, retirement, estate planning, risk management, and investments.
* Do you have to file tax returns with the IRS?
* What income do you have to declare, and in which country? Should you leave your IRAs and 401(k)s in the U.S.?
* What immigration avenues are available to help you move into Canada?
* Do you qualify for Canada's socialized healthcare programs?
* What should you do with your home or rental property in the U.S.?
These questions, and many more, are answered in this essential guide for the American living in Canada.