Stitch DictionaryBook - 2000
With more than 200 decorative and practical stitches -- fully illustrated and clearly explained -- Stitch Dictionary is the essential reference for embroidery, needlepoint, dressmaking and other needlecrafts.
Photos and concise how-to instructions illustrate stitches as simple as the Running or Rope to those more elaborate, such as the Outlined Diamond Eyelet or Algerian Eye. For easy reference, stitches are grouped under the headings Outline and Border, Filling, Openwork and Needlepoint. Important features include:
- step-by-step instructions
- annotated photographs
- 12-page stitch gallery to choose from
- 130 pages of stitch instructions
- time-saving information boxes showing the finished stitch close-up
- advice on how to use a stitch, and which threads and fabrics to work it with
- stitches are graded according to skill
- extensive information on materials, tools and techniques
- how to prepare threads and fabrics
- how to select materials
- technique variations
Both an instruction manual for beginners and a source book for more accomplished stitchers, Stitch Dictionary is the essential guide to modern needlework.